Sourcepass clients were overwhelmed by compliance requirements and bogged down with inefficiencies. The challenge was to address these inefficiencies while giving clients access to a more eloquent and comprehensive solution to help them reach their compliance goals.
Initially, Sourcepass Senior Cyber Risk Advisor James Reichle created a process for clients to follow by leveraging the all too common, labor-intensive practice of using spreadsheets, phone calls, voicemail, and email to track security details.
“We built an ad hoc process that was 90% built in Excel,” Reichle said. “We were running people through that and asking people questions manually on the phone and sending them copies of spreadsheets.”
Without a systematic process or solution to optimize operational and security activity, Reichle found that clients were not capable of achieving their compliance goals in a timely fashion. Moreover, this manual system made the compliance process more expensive as clients spent extensive time and money using cumbersome, disparate repositories for Word, Excel, PDF, and image files; Sourcepass’ compliance management approach needed improvement.
Challenges faced included:
- Finding a solution that would scale with clients and integrate with accepted security frameworks.
- Avoid losing time and productivity while trying to maintain compliance by having to manually populate spreadsheets.
- Eliminate inconsistencies in compliance efforts that set efforts back due to a lack of clarity and understanding of compliance requirements.
- Lacked the capability to demonstrate progress towards compliance goals in real-time while reducing the risks of continued non-compliance.
Sourcepass’ regulatory-intensive clients needed a better way, prompting the partnership with Ostendio.
“We built an ad hoc process that was 90% built in Excel. We were running people through that and asking people questions manually on the phone and sending them copies of spreadsheets.”
- James Reichle, Senior Cyber Risk Advisor, Sourcepass