Ostendio is a champion ofNational Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) which is observed every October. This month of awareness was created as a collaborative effort between government and industry to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safer and more secure online.
Ostendio is happy to support NCSAM as our company focus is to help our customers navigate the sometimes tricky world of cybersecurity. NCASM isn’t just a “Hallmark Holiday” like National Upside-Down Burrito Day (though we do enjoy our burritos). Cybersecurity is critical to companies, governments, and the people whose data they keep. So we want to make sure everyone knows the basics of the month-long event.
NCSAM 2019 Theme and Key Messages
This year’s theme promotes personal accountability and proactive behavior in digital privacy, security best practices, common cyber threats and cybersecurity careers. Here is a breakdown of the highlighted calls to action and their key messages:
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media - Update Privacy Settings - Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications - Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard To Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe
You will see Ostendio supporting these key messages throughout the month of October and beyond. In the meantime, you might want to check out our Resources Page. It’s full of great webinars and e-books that help you make sure you’re on the right path with cyber and risk management in your own organization.
Not sure where to start?
The NIST Guide can help. We can also provide you with a free copy of Ostendio’s password policy, as an example. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avoiding the Hidden Pitfalls of Security Audits
In this webinar, see the 5 most common pitfalls of security audits and learn how you can avoid them with the power of MyVCM CrossWalk Assessments.